Friday, April 17, 2009

Next summer

Summer is coming.
That's give me nice feelings; sun, friends, relax, and vacation; and what? No more vacation.
This is one of the big cultural differences between USA and the other countries that I have lived in.
In the European countries you have at least two weeks vacation guarantied already from the first year you work. There are also a lot of different holidays, probably at least 10 other day during the year.
USA have only 4 July, Christmas and New Year.
People here go from home to work and from work to home.
I'm missing the small talking with friends and the extra days off with excursion to the beach by car or by train.
This summer will be different; I will spend my time in my office box working at the computer, thinking of the "Bella Italia".

1 comment:

carolinelovesyoumore said...

You are right for the most part. We have memorial day, labor day, and Thanksgiving as well. That's 6 big government holidays. Eh?

Yeah. We work too much.